8301-IC Algo InformaCast IP Paging Adapter & Scheduler
InformaCast IP Paging Adapter for Integrating Legacy Analog Amplifiers
The PoE 8301-IC InformaCast IP paging adapter provides a dry page output to a traditional amplifier, thereby offering a seamless bridge to a legacy analog voice paging / pubic address (PA) system. The device also functions as a scheduler for automated bells, tones, and announcements. A contact closure and music input also feature on the 8301-IC.
The paging adapter is a fully compliant 3rd party SIP endpoint. As a result, the 8301-IC IP paging adapter is compatible with most hosted / cloud and premise-based VoIP telephone systems.
- Singlewire InformaCast compliant IP paging adapter for public address (PA) and emergency notification.
- Isolated and balanced line output eliminates hum / noise to a traditional amplifier.
- Configurable line output supports amplifier input impedance between 600 Ohm and 10 kOhm.
- Eliminates the need for an FXS port or ATA.
- Wideband HD voice for high intelligibility speech.
- Customize WAV files for emergency notification / alerting and telephone loud ringing.
- Music input.
- Configuration via user friendly web interface or auto-provisioning.
- Secure SIP using TLS and SRTP.
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af).
- Ideal for integrating legacy analog public address (PA) systems in education, retail, manufacturing, transport terminals (i.e., airports, bus and rail stations), healthcare, government and other commercial environments.
The 8301-IC InformaCast IP Paging Adapter and Scheduler is UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified. The paging adapter includes brackets for wall mounting and is a PoE device.
Seamless IP Interface to Analog PA Systems
The 8301-IC IP paging adapter emulates a page port, similar to what is found on a legacy PBX or key system. The adapter connects directly to a traditional analog amplifier, thereby offering a simple and easy interface to a VoIP phone system to stream InformaCast audio.
Wideband G.722 HD voice codec is also supported in the 8301-IC. Consequently, there is high intelligibility and clarity of audio from the paging adapter for IP paging of voice announcements and emergency notification. The isolated and balanced line output of the 8301-IC ensures there is no hum or noise.
The line output of the 8301-IC IP paging adapter provides a dry audio output for any amplifier with input impedance between 600 Ohm and 10 kOhm, where the line output of the paging adapter can be defined to match the input specification of the amplifier. This means most amplifiers are supported by the 8301-IC. Either XLR connector or terminal block is available from the 8301-IC for easy connection to an amplifier. A dry contact closure to activate the amplifier is also available, if required.
No ATA Required
For amplifiers connected to an FXS port or ATA through a ‘telephone answering device’, the 8301-IC IP paging adapter will replace the answering device and eliminate the need for an FXS port or analog terminal adapter (ATA).
The 8301-IC paging adapter is only recommended to connect to a single amplifier. Where multiple amplifiers are used, one paging adapter is bridged to each amplifier. Multicast can be configured to stream audio to individual amplifiers or to any combination as required (e.g., all call page zone).
An audio input on the 8301-IC IP paging adapter is isolated and balanced to prevent equipment ground loops where the adapter is used for auxiliary input or insertion between existing equipment. This allows IP based paging or emergency notification to take control of the amplifier as necessary.
Multi-Application SIP Extensions
Multiple SIP registrations are available in this IP endpoint, including Page (50), Emergency Alert (10) and Ring (10) extensions. On Page, the paging adapter will auto-answer when called for making public address (PA) voice announcements. For Ring and Emergency Alert extensions the paging adapter will play a configurable WAV file from 1GB device memory (e.g., ring tones for telephone alerting, notification alerts for safety / security / emergency events and informational announcements) when the extension is called.
Scale Algo InformaCast IP Paging Speakers Over Any Size Building or Campus
The 8301-IC together with other InformaCast endpoints can cover any size enterprise.
The 8301-IC IP paging adapter also supports multicast send or receive. A single SIP registered paging adapter can be configured to multicast to any number and mix of Algo IP speakers, strobe lights, paging adapters and multicast supported IP telephones. As a result, a solution can be deployed to cover any size building, campus (e.g., classrooms in a school, college or university) or enterprise. There is no limit to the number of devices part of a multicast, and a minimum of network traffic activity is utilized.
Multicast provides cost effective scalability using a minimum of SIP registered endpoints, as only the endpoint designated to send the multicast needs to be registered. Devices configured to receive the multicast do not need registration.
The 8301-IC supports RTP multicast.
Multicast Zone Paging
Multicast zone paging for up to 50 zones can be configured from a single 8301-IC adapter. Zones can be selected one of two ways. One option is to map multicast page zones to individual SIP extensions on the adapter. Fifty (50) page extensions are available for this purpose. Alternatively, in order to minimize SIP registrations, multicast page zones can be configured in the paging adapter as a DTMF key press selection using the dial pad of telephone making the page call.
Note: Additional page zones can be configured by registering individual Algo IP speakers for specific room paging (e.g. school classroom). Speakers with SIP registrations can also be configured to be a member / receiver of multicast zones.
Bell Scheduler for Schools, Shift Changes, Retail Announcements & Other PA Applications
The 8301-IC also features a scheduler for automating the playing of WAV file tones, bells, announcements, etc. The scheduler uses the NTP server to synchronize with IP clocks, such as the Algo 8190-IC InformaCast IP Speaker-Clock, and is ideal for schools (i.e., class changes, recess, playing an anthem, etc.), retail and healthcare announcements (e.g., store closing, visiting hours, etc.), and workplace shift changes, breaks, etc. Audio is available to be play via the 8301-IC line out and/or as a multicast. No SIP registration is required for the scheduler. A separate log in from the primary 8301-IC web GUI is available specifically for configuring the scheduler.
A 3.5mm aux input is available on the 8301-IC for connecting a music source. Background music can be played via the 8301-IC line output and streamed as a multicast at the same time, if desired. A call to any of the 8301 registered extensions will interrupt music, as will a scheduled event. Music will resume playing once the call or scheduled event concludes.
To sum up, the 8301-IC InformaCast IP Paging Adapter and Scheduler is designed to bridge a VoIP telephone system to a traditional analog amplifier / public address (PA) system. The endpoint is powered via PoE (IEEE 802.3af). Wall mount brackets are included for easy installation. The product is CSA/UL, FCC and CE certified.
Benefits of the PoE Algo InformaCast IP Paging Adapter & Scheduler
- Fully compliant InformaCast endpoint for simplified registration.
- Excellent Wideband audio clarity and intelligibility with direct connectivity to an amplifier for a seamless InformaCast integration.
- Network managed and supervised SIP and multicast endpoint.
- Fully zone configurable via a web interface.
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af) eliminates need for local power supply, and simplifies wiring infrastructure and management.
- Eliminates narrowband FXS port or ATA and telephone answering device hardware.
- Easy and intuitive web interface to configure scheduled announcements, tones, bells, etc., with a separate log in for user convenience.
- Synchronization of scheduler and IP clocks using NTP server for ease of management.
- Network appliance with no dependency on software or PC for bell scheduling.
- Easily combine with other Algo IP endpoints for a comprehensive public address (PA) system to support voice paging, emergency alerting, night bell / loud ringing, bell scheduler and playing music.
- Wideband G.722 codec support for HD Voice.
- Isolated and balanced audio output using terminal block or XLR connector.
- Configurable defined line output level (i.e., 600 Ohm – 10 kOhm).
- Multicast send or receive capability for cost effective scalability. For example, mix with any number and variety of Algo speakers, strobes and paging adapters for more comprehensive public address (PA) and alerting solution requirements.
- Supports RTP multicast.
- SIP compatibility with leading UC vendors / VoIP platforms.
- Configurable through a web interface.
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS). Also supported: TLS & SRTP (secure SIP signalling and media), SIP over TCP (allows increased packet size over UDP), DNS SRV Record, and CDP/LLDP automatic VLAN assignment.
- Compatible with any third party SNMP monitoring software or the Algo 8300 IP Endpoint Supervisor (Controller).
- Internal memory of 1GB for uploading custom WAV files (e.g. tones, alerts, recorded messages, etc.). Also pre-loaded with several ring tones for loud ringing including bell, chime, gong, buzzer, warble and barking dogs.
- Multiple SIP registrations for Page (50), Emergency Alert (10) and Ring (10) extensions.
- Configurable for DTMF zone selection with legacy zone controller hardware.
- Programmable relay (dry contact) input or output, supporting Algo 1202 and 1203 illuminated and supervised wall buttons, in addition to Algo 8128 / 8138 strobe lights and 1127 Visual Alerter.
- 3.5mm Aux Input jack for playing and multicasting music.
- UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified
- Dimensions: 6.5” x 4.3” x 1.3” (16.5 cm x 10.9 cm x 3.3 cm)
|Power Input: PoE (IEEE 802.3af Class 0) 48V, 12.95W|
|Max Power: 4 W|
|Idle Power: 2 W|
|SIP Signalling/Transport Protocols: UDP, TCP, TLS, RTP, SRTP|
Multicast & Third-Party Compatibility
|RTP Multicast (Send and Receive 50 Zones)|
|Singlewire InformaCast (additional license required)|
Configuration & Provisioning
|Configuration: Web interface or provisioning server|
|Web Interface: HTTP, HTTPS|
|Provisioning: TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS|
|DHCP Options 66, 150, 160|
|Reboot via SIP ‘check-sync’|
|Supervision: Compatible with any third-party SNMP monitoring software or the Algo 8300 Controller.|
|Networking: IPv4, DHCP, VLAN|
|Link Layer: LLDP, CDP|
|QoS: DSCP (SIP, RTP, RTCP)|
|NAT: STUN, TURN, CRLF Keep Alive, SIP Outbound|
|Address Resolution: DNS, SRV Record|
|Redundancy: Secondary and tertiary SIP server|
|Time: NTP Server (up to four)|
|Audio Codecs: G.711 u-law, G.711 A-law, G.722 Wideband|
|Audio Memory: 1 GByte audio storage|
|Relay Input: Normally open or normally closed dry contact supervision using Algo 1202 Call Button, 1203 Call Switch, 1204 Volume Control, 1205 Audio Interface or EOL resistor termination|
|Relay Output: Max 30 V 50 mA (normally open) |
Nominal 12V source, current limited to 40mA
Typical supervision resistor value = 1k ohm
Environmental & Mechanical
|Environmental: 0 to + 40° C (32 to 104° F); 10-95% RH non-condensing. Dry indoor locations only.|
|Dimensions (Product): 6.75” x 4.3” x 1.18” (17.2 cm x 10.9 cm x 3.0 cm)|
|Weight (Product):0.95 lbs (0.4 kg)|
|Weight (shipping): 1.5 lbs (0.7 kg)|
|RoHS, CE, FCC Class A, CISPR 22 Class A, CISPR 24, CSA/UL (USA & Canada), EN60950|
- InformaCast deployments in education and other commercial public address (PA) environments. For example, transport terminals, manufacturing / plant, utility, retail, government and healthcare.
- Bridge InformaCast system to a traditional analog amplifier (single zone) for voice paging and emergency, safety & security mass notification alerting (e.g., lockdown, evacuation, reverse evacuation, medical emergency, etc.).
- IP loud ringing / ringer or night bell to avoid missed calls in a higher noise environment where telephone ringing is difficult to hear (e.g. call center, restaurant, retail store, etc.).
- OSHA or workplace safety compliance.
- Music streaming.
|Algo InformaCast IP Paging Adapter & Scheduler||8301-IC|
|Audio Cable: Output XLR-Mini Female to XLR Male (optional)||2504|
|Audio Cable: Input XLR-Mini Male to XLR Female (optional)||2505|
|Call Button (optional)||1202|
|Call Switch (optional)||1203|
|Wall Mount Volume Control (optional)||1204|
|Audio Interface (optional)||1205|