Wideband Audio for Optimum Speech Clarity
The 8201 SIP PoE Intercom supports Wideband G.722 codec (HD Voice) for optimum speech clarity and intelligibility. This IP intercom delivers reliable voice communication for building entry or access point communication with visitors and guests. The 8201 is also suitable for room intercom applications.
Integrated IP Intercom Door Control Relay
For user convenience, the 8201 IP intercom allows door unlock control activated by a telephone key press from the answering or calling device. This requires a relay from the optional 8061 IP Relay Controller, which can be securely located away from the public facing intercom. Alternatively, an internal relay on the 8201 is available for door control where the entrance is a lower security risk.
Simple & Intuitive Web GUI
Installation and configuration are via a simple intuitive web interface, however, the 8201 also supports centralized provisioning. Before the device is registered with a SIP server, a simple press of the 8201 intercom call button when connected to the network will “speak” the IP address of the device. This time saving feature results in efficient registration and configuration via a simple and intuitive web browser GUI. Algo’s Network Device Locator is also available as a tool for obtaining an IP address for a device.
UC Integration – Use Any Phone or Device to Communicate
Integration with most hosted / cloud or premise VoIP telephone systems ensures that the 8201 can be configured to communicate with any device, phone or client that is part of the UC environment.
To sum up, the 8201 is an outdoor-rated IP intercom / doorphone. The endpoint is powered via PoE (IEEE 802.3af). A surface mount bracket is included for easy wall installation, however, the intercom fits a standard double gang box for flush mounting. The product is CSA/UL, FCC and CE certified.
Benefits of the Algo IP Intercom
- Network managed and supervised SIP endpoint.
- Eliminates FXS port or ATA.
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af) for plug and play network connectivity.
- One piece solution alternative to the popular 8028 SIP Doorphone.
- Wideband G.722 HD voice audio for clarity and intelligibility.
- Attractive design in dual-gang form factor for outdoor entrances or in-building access points and room intercoms.
- Wideband G.722 codec support for HD Voice.
- Initiates or accepts intercom calls.
- Supports RTP multicast and Polycom Group Page (receive).
- SIP compatibility with leading UC vendors / VoIP platforms.
- Configurable through a web interface.
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS). Also supported: TLS & SRTP (secure SIP signalling and media), SIP over TCP (allows increased packet size over UDP), DNS SRV Record, and CDP/LLDP automatic VLAN assignment.
- Compatible with any third-party SNMP monitoring software or the Algo 8300 IP Endpoint Supervisor (Controller).
- Integrated relay for door opening control or 8063 IP Relay Controller for secured relay door control.
- Backlit call button for low light conditions, with button flash indication for call initiation and connectivity.
- Surface mount or flush-mount installation in standard double gang box.
- UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified