8196 SIP PoE+ Horn Speaker
IP Horn Speaker with Algo Satellite Speaker Technology for Highly Intelligibility IP Paging, Emergency Alerting & Loud Ringing at Reduced Cost
The 8196 IP PoE+ Horn Speaker is a SIP compliant and multicast capable PoE+ network audio device for public address and notification. For expanded coverage, up to three satellite speakers may be connected to the 8196 speaker sharing the 16W of available audio power. The 8196 IP PoE+ Horn Speaker is compatible with most hosted / cloud and premise-based VoIP telephone systems.
- Supports SIP, Multicast, Polycom Group Page, InformaCast, Revolution, RESTful API
- PoE and PoE+ (Power over Ethernet) compatible
- Wideband and fullband audio codec support enables high intelligibility voice paging
- Configuration via user friendly web interface or auto-provisioning.
- Secure SIP using TLS, SRTP, and mutual authentication
- Ambient noise responsive
- Talkback capable speaker.
- IP66 and outdoor rated.
- Customize WAV files for emergency notification / alerting and telephone loud ringing.
The 8196 SIP PoE+ Horn Speaker is UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified. The speaker is a self-amplified PoE device and rated for outdoor use.
For large deployment of IP horn speakers in applications such as warehouses, factories or large industrial sites the 8196 can provide significant savings when combined 1196 satellite speakers. For applications with high ambient noise, heavy machinery or where ear protection is commonly worn the 16W of audio power provided by the 8196 alone when PoE+ powered provides ample sound levels to maintain high intelligibility.
Satellite speakers are connected to the 8196 in a daisy chain fashion using CAT5/CAT6 standard patch cables. Each 1196 Satellite Speaker attached is detected by the 8196 IP Speaker automatically and can be monitored for connectivity. The number of attached satellite speakers is displayed in the 8196 web GUI and also visible in the 8300 Supervision Controller if deployed.
Power is automatically shared equally between the 8196 IP PoE+ Horn Speaker and 1196 satellite Speakers. If 16W of audio power is available then with one satellite speaker 8W is available to each speaker. If three satellite speakers are attached then 4W are available to each speaker. As satellite speakers are attached the maximum available power level from each speaker in the 8196/1196 cluster is reduced but the operating power level is determined by configuration of the 8196 IP Speaker.
- For maximum audio output and flexibility of zoning, 8196 speakers can be deployed as pure homerun IP speakers. This is commonly applied in very loud facilities where ambient noise levels require maximum audio output.
- The most common application is deploying back-to-back horn speakers, either pole or wall-mounted. The 8196/1196 are ideally suited for this environment where two speakers, each generating 8W of audio output can be deployed on a single network drop.
- For expanded coverage and maximum cost savings, up to three satellite speakers may be connected to the 8196 speaker sharing the 16W of available audio power for 4W/speaker.
Audio & Power Output
When deploying satellite speakers, it is important to consider your application and maximum audio output requirements before choosing a configuration. For maximum audio output and flexibility select all homerun IP speakers, for maximum cost savings deploy three satellite speakers per IP speaker. See how the number of satellite speakers impacts audio output here.
What is the Difference Between the 8196 IP PoE+ Horn Speaker and 8186 IP Ceiling Speaker?
|8196 IP PoE+ Horn Speaker||8186 IP Horn Speaker|
|Audio Power (W)||16W||8W|
|Smart Relay Input||Yes||Yes|
|Satellite Speakers||0 to 3||0|
8196 IP PoE+ Horn Speaker:
- Satellite speaker technology; capable to power and supervise satellite speakers
- SIP, Multicast, Polycom Group Page, InformaCast, Revolution
- SIP compatibility with leading UC vendors.
- Multicast scalable
- PoE+/PoE powered up to 16W audio
- Web GUI configurable + centralized provisioning
- Codec support for G.711, G.722 wideband, OPUS 48 kHz fullband
- Unlimited zoning options
- IP 66, Indoor/Outdoor Rated
- Internal memory of 1GB for uploading custom WAV files
- Microphone for ambient noise responsive and hands-free talkback
- RJ45 output connector for satellite speaker(s)
- UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified
1196 Satellite Horn Speaker:
- Identical appearance and performance to 8196 IP PoE+ Horn Speaker
- RJ45 input and output connectors
- Fully supervisable
|Power Input: PoE+ IEEE (802.3af/at) 48V|
|Max Power: 25.5W|
|Idle Power: Nominal 2.5W|
|Extensions: 50 Page & 10 Alerting/Ring extensions with multicast scalability|
|Security: TLS, MTLS, SRTP|
|Transport Protocols: UDP, TCP, RTP|
Multicast & Third-Party Compatibility
|RTP Multicast (Send and Receive 50 Zones)|
|Polycom Group Page|
|Singlewire InformaCast (additional license required)|
|Relay Input: Normally open or normally closed dry contact supervision.|
|Compatible with Algo 1202 and 1203 Accessories.|
|Quantity: Up to 3 x 1196 Satellite Ceiling Speaker|
|Speaker Connections: Patch cable 4 Pair UTP 24 AWG RJ45 plug terminated T568A or T568B “Straight-Through”. Maximum recommended patch cable length 50 feet (13m) between each speaker.|
|Supervision: Auto-detection and monitoring of up to three satellite speakers|
|Configuration: Via host 8196 IP Speaker web interface|
|Max Audio Power: 16 Watts (shared equally between 8196 and up to 3 x 1196)|
|Driver Sensitivity: 116 dBA 1m/1W (1kHz)|
|Driver Response: 350 – 8,300 Hz (- 10 dB)|
|Dispersion Angle: 80 degH x 50 degV (2 kHz -6 dB)|
|Microphone: Omnidirectional – talkback and ambient noise monitoring|
|Audio Codecs: G.711 u-law, G.711 A-law, G.722 Wideband, Opus 48kHz|
|Audio Memory: 1 GByte audio storage|
|Audio Controls: Volume, AGC, Latency, LF Cut|
|Anti-Feedback Delay: Cache to memory and release|
|Network: IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, VLAN, MDNS|
|Secure SIP: TLS, MTLS, SRTP|
|Link Layer: LLDP, CDP|
|QoS: DSCP (SIP, RTP, RTCP)|
|Web Interface: HTTP, HTTPS|
|Provisioning: TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS
DHCP Options 66, 150, 160
Reboot via SIP Check-sync
|NAT: STUN, TURN, CRLF Keep Alive, SIP Outbound|
|Address Resolution: DNS, SRV Record|
|Supervision: SNMP V1.3, RTCP, Algo 8300|
|Redundancy: Secondary & Tertiary SIP Servers|
Environmental & Mechanical
|Satellite Speaker Connector: 1 x RJ45 output connector|
|Environmental: -40 to 122 deg F (-40 to + 50 degC). Designed to meet IP66 requirements.|
|Suitable for outdoor and wet environments when properly installed.|
|Horn & Enclosure: UV stabilized outdoor rated plastic with stainless steel mounting hardware.|
|Horn Mouth Dimensions 11” x 6.6” (28cm x 16.8cm)|
|Mounting: Wall, ceiling or double gang electrical box. Pole mount bracket available.|
|Aim Adjustment: Three-axis|
|Weight: 6 lb (2.7 Kg)|
|IEC 62368-1, IEEE 802.3-2018, RoHS, CE, FCC Class A, CISPR 32 Class A, CISPR 24, CSA/UL (USA & Canada)|
- Commercial PA system for voice announcements and emergency notification / alerting.
- IP voice paging
- IP loud ringing / ringer or night bell to avoid missed calls in noisy locations or where employees are wearing hearing protection.
- Emergency, safety, and security notification alerts (e.g., lockdown, evacuation, reverse evacuation, medical emergency, safety alert, etc.).
- OSHA or workplace safety compliance.
- Typical deployment locations:
- Machine Shops
- School Gymnasium
- Car Lot
|Algo 8196 IP PoE+ Horn Speaker||8196|
|Algo 8196-IC InformaCast IP PoE+ Horn Speaker||8196-IC|
|Algo 1196 Satellite Horn Speaker||1196|