8189-IC Algo InformaCast Surface Mount Speaker
InformaCast IP Speaker for Voice Paging, Emergency Alerting & Playing Music
The PoE 8189-IC InformaCast IP Surface Mount Speaker is identical to the 8188-IC speaker, however, it is for indoor surface mount ceiling or wall applications required for voice paging, emergency alerting and playing music. The speaker is also a fully compliant 3rd party SIP endpoint. As a result, this IP speaker is compatible with most hosted / cloud and premise-based VoIP telephone systems.
- Singlewire InformaCast compliant IP speaker for public address (PA).
- Secure SIP using TLS and SRTP.
- Multicast scalable.
- Wideband HD voice for high intelligibility speech.
- Dynamic volume control responsive to ambient noise levels.
- Excellent capability for playing background music, supporting Super-Wideband frequency response.
- Talkback capable speaker.
- Customize WAV files for emergency notification / alerting and telephone loud ringing.
- Configuration via user friendly web interface or auto-provisioning.
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af).
- Ideal for hallways and common areas in education, retail, hospitality, health care, and commercial office spaces.
The 8189-IC InformaCast IP Surface Mount Speaker is UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified. The speaker is a self-amplified PoE device.
Wideband IP Speaker
The 8189-IC InformaCast IP Surface Mount Speaker supports the Wideband G.722 HD voice codec. Consequently, there is high intelligibility and clarity of audio from the speaker for IP paging of voice announcements and emergency notification. The result is better STI-PA scores, which is important in meeting standards such as NFPA 72 and NEMA SB-40 for Emergency Communication in Education.
Multi-Application SIP Extensions
Multiple SIP registrations are available in this IP speaker, including Page (50), Emergency Alert (10) and Ring (10) extensions. On Page, the speaker will auto-answer when called for making public address (PA) voice announcements. For Ring and Emergency Alert extensions the speaker will play a configurable WAV file from 1GB device memory when the extension is called (e.g., ring tones for telephone alerting, notification alerts for safety / security / emergency events and informational announcements).
Scale Algo IP Paging Speakers Over Any Size Building or Campus
The 8189-IC together with other InformaCast endpoints can cover any size enterprise.
This IP speaker also supports multicast send or receive. As a result, many Algo IP speakers can be deployed to cover any size building, campus (e.g., classrooms in a school, college or university) or enterprise. There is no limit to the number of devices part of a multicast, and a minimum of network traffic activity is utilized.
A single registered 8189-IC can be configured to multicast to any number and mix of Algo IP speakers, strobe lights, paging adapters and multicast supported IP telephones.
Multicast provides cost effective scalability using a minimum of SIP registered endpoints, as only the endpoint designated to send the multicast needs to be registered. Devices configured to receive the multicast do not need registration.
The 8189-IC supports RTP multicast.
Multicast zone paging for up to 50 zones can be configured from a single 8189-IC IP speaker. Zones can be selected one of two ways. One option is to map multicast page zones to individual SIP extensions on the speaker. Fifty (50) page extensions are available for this purpose. Alternatively, in order to minimize SIP registrations, multicast page zones can be configured in the SIP Audio Alerter as a DTMF key press selection using the dial pad of telephone making the page call.
Note: Additional page zones can be configured by registering individual Algo IP speakers for specific room paging (e.g. school classroom). Speakers with SIP registrations can also be configured to be a member / receiver of multicast zones.
IP Speaker for Retail, Office, Education & Other PA Applications
Together with the Algo 8301-IC Paging Adapter & Scheduler, a public address (PA) system requiring multiple zones with scheduled bells / announcements can be easily configured and synchronized with IP clocks using the 8189-IC and other Algo IP speakers.
If desired, the 8301-IC IP paging adapter can also provide audio to a legacy analog paging system via its line level output, and simultaneously multicast this audio to additional Algo IP endpoints.
Playing Background Music
The 8189-IC is a music capable speaker supporting the Super-Wideband frequency response. Using the music input of the 8301-IC Paging Adapter, music can be streamed to the 8189 speaker as multicast. The music stream can be configured at a lower priority to allow voice paging, emergency alerts and scheduled tones / announcements to interrupt background music.
Dynamic Volume Control & Talkback
Speaker volume can be configured via the web GUI of the endpoint. However, the 8189-IC speaker’s microphone can also be used to monitor and adapt speaker volume according to background noise levels. This unique Algo feature is called Ambient Noise Compensation. Where many speakers are deployed in a room / hallway / common area, volume can self-adjust to the background noise levels at each speaker location. Ambient Noise Compensation ensures that announcements and alerts are always heard but never too loud.
Talkback is supported in the 8189-IC. This feature can be enabled for a page call using the speaker’s microphone.
IP Loud Ringer
The Ring extension on the 8189-IC is used for loud ringing / night bell applications. The 8189-IC will play a ring tone WAV file saved in 1GB of device memory when this extension is called. Typically the speaker will be configured in a ring group to include a telephone(s). The WAV file will play for the duration of the ring event until the call is answered. Several default ring tones are available in 8189-IC, however, custom WAV files can be uploaded to the device.
Up to 10 Ring extensions are available to register on a single speaker for this purpose, thereby allowing one speaker to act as a loud ringer for several telephones by configuring different ring groups for each registered Ring extension.
Where audible and visual telephone ring alerting is required, the 8189-IC can be combined with an Algo strobe light using multicast or a relay.
To sum up, the 8189-IC is a self-amplified SIP speaker. Therefore no separate amplifier is required. The endpoint is powered via PoE (IEEE 802.3af). The product is CSA/UL, FCC and CE certified.
Benefits of the PoE Algo InformaCast IP Surface Mount Speaker
- Fully compliant InformaCast endpoint for simplified registration.
- Super-Wideband audio clarity and intelligibility for public address (PA) and playing music.
- Network managed and supervised SIP and multicast endpoint.
- Fully zone configurable via a web interface. Multicast zones are not dependent on wiring to speaker.
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af) eliminates need for local power supply, and simplifies wiring infrastructure and management.
- Eliminates narrowband FXS port or ATA.
- Multi functional IP speaker for voice paging, emergency notification and ring alerting. Easily integrate with the Algo 8301-IC Paging Adapter & Scheduler for automatically playing tones and/or announcements for scheduled events.
- Wideband G.722 codec support for HD Voice.
- Supports RTP multicast.
- Combine with any number and variety of Algo InformaCast speakers, strobes and paging adapters for more comprehensive public address (PA) and alerting solution requirements.
- SIP compatibility with leading UC vendors.
- Configurable through a web interface.
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS). Also supported: TLS & SRTP (secure SIP signalling and media), SIP over TCP (allows increased packet size over UDP), DNS SRV Record, and CDP/LLDP automatic VLAN assignment.
- Compatible with any third party SNMP monitoring software or the Algo 8300 IP Endpoint Supervisor (Controller).
- Internal memory of 1GB for uploading custom WAV files (e.g. tones, alerts, recorded messages, etc.). Also pre-loaded with several ring tones for loud ringing including bell, chime, gong, buzzer, warble, and barking dogs.
- Multiple SIP registrations for Page (50), Emergency Alert (10) and Ring (10) extensions.
- Programmable relay (dry contact) input or output, supporting Algo 1202 and 1203 illuminated and supervised wall buttons, in addition to Algo 8128 / 8138 strobe lights and 1127 Visual Alerter.
- Microphone for hands-free talkback / intercom.
- Ambient Noise Compensation for automatic speaker volume control based on background noise levels.
- Hydrophobic Membrane Screen (part no. 8188MEM) can be attached to the speaker for placement in areas subject to moisture (e.g. shower)
- UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified
- Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 3.9” (30.5cm x 30.5cm x 9.9cm). Note: Back box base is 10.75” x 10.75” (27.4cm x 27.4cm)
|Power Input: PoE (IEEE 802.3af Class 0) 48V, 12.95W|
|Max Power: 12.95W|
|Idle Power: 2W|
|SIP Signalling/Transport Protocols: UDP, TCP, TLS, RTP, SRTP|
Multicast & Third-Party Compatibility
|RTP Multicast (Send and Receive 50 Zones)|
|Singlewire InformaCast (additional license required)|
Configuration & Provisioning
|Configuration: Web interface or provisioning server|
|Web Interface: HTTP, HTTPS|
|Provisioning: TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS|
|DHCP Options 66, 150, 160|
|Reboot via SIP ‘check-sync’|
|Supervision: Compatible with any third-party SNMP monitoring software or the Algo 8300 Controller.|
|Networking: IPv4, DHCP, VLAN|
|Link Layer: LLDP, CDP|
|QoS: DSCP (SIP, RTP, RTCP)|
|NAT: STUN, TURN, CRLF Keep Alive, SIP Outbound|
|Address Resolution: DNS, SRV Record|
|Redundancy: Secondary and tertiary SIP server|
|Time: NTP Server (up to four)|
|Speaker: 6.5″ (16.5 cm) Coaxial with PEI Dome Tweeter. Mica filled polypropylene cone.|
|SPL: 97 dBA at 1m (1 kHz tone)|
|Frequency Response: 55 – 18,000 Hz (-10 dB)|
|Dispersion Angle: 140° (2 kHz -6 dB)|
|Microphone: Omnidirectional – talkback and ambient noise monitoring|
|Audio Codecs: G.711 u-law, G.711 A-law, G.722 Wideband|
|Audio Memory: 1 GByte audio storage|
|Relay Input: Normally open or normally closed dry contact supervision using Algo 1202 Call Button, 1203 Call Switch, 1204 Volume Control or EOL resistor termination|
|Relay Output: Max 30 V 50 mA (normally open)|
Nominal 12V source, current limited to 40mA
Typical supervision resistor value = 1k ohm
Environmental & Mechanical
|Environmental: 0 to + 40 °C (32 to 104 °F); 10-95% RH, non-condensing. Dry indoor locations only.|
|Dimensions (Product): 12″x12″x3.38″ (305cm x 305cm x 86cm)|
|Weight (Product): 7 lbs (3.2 kg)|
|Weight (Shipping): 8 lbs (3.6) kg)|
|RoHS, CE, FCC Class A, CISPR 22 Class A, CISPR 24, CSA/UL (USA & Canada), EN60950|
- InformaCast deployments in education (e.g. school classroom / hallway / common area) and other commercial environments requiring a PA system such as an office, retail store, hospital, etc., for voice paging and emergency alerting. Note: Placement of the speaker in areas subject to moisture (e.g., shower) is possible when fitted with the 8188MEM Hydrophobic Membrane Screen.
- Mass notification for emergency (e.g., lockdown, evacuation, reverse evacuation), safety (e.g., medical, workplace accident), security events (e.g. OSHA or similar workplace regulations).
- IP loud ringing / ringer or night bell to avoid missed calls in a higher noise environment where telephone ringing is difficult to hear (e.g. call center, restaurant, retail store, etc.).
- Play background music (i.e., stream music as a multicast from the 8301 music input).
- Schedule announcements / tones to play automatically with the Algo 8301-IC scheduler. The 8301 will multicast audio to any model of Algo IP speaker and paging adapter. For example, school (i.e., class changes, recess, playing an anthem, etc.), retail and healthcare announcements (i.e., store closing, visiting hours, etc.), and workplace shift changes, breaks, etc.
- Combine with all variety of Algo InformaCast visual and audible IP endpoints to create more comprehensive public address (PA) and notification alerting solutions.