8186-IC Algo InformaCast IP Horn Speaker
InformaCast IP Horn Speaker for Voice Paging, Emergency Alerting & Loud Ringing
The PoE 8186-IC IP horn speaker is an InformaCast complaint endpoint for voice paging, emergency alerting and loud ringing applications. The speaker is also a fully compliant 3rd party SIP endpoint. As a result, the 8186-IC IP speaker is compatible with most hosted / cloud and premise-based VoIP telephone systems.
- Singlewire InformaCast compliant IP speaker for public address (PA).
- Secure SIP using TLS and SRTP.
- Multicast scalable.
- Wideband HD voice for high intelligibility speech.
- Dynamic volume control responsive to ambient noise levels.
- Talkback capable speaker.
- IPX6 and outdoor rated.
- Customize WAV files for emergency notification / alerting and telephone loud ringing.
- Configuration via user friendly web interface or auto-provisioning.
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af).
- Ideal for a warehouse, factory / utility / plant, garage, machine shop, bus / train terminal, school gym, outdoor yard, car lot, etc.
The 8186-IC InformaCast IP Horn Speaker is UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified. The speaker is a self-amplified PoE device.
Wideband IP Horn Speaker
The 8186-IC IP horn speaker supports the Wideband G.722 HD voice codec. Consequently, there is high intelligibility and clarity of audio from the speaker for IP paging of voice announcements and emergency notification. The result is better STI-PA scores, which is important in meeting standards such as NFPA 72 and NEMA SB-40 for Emergency Communication in Education.
Multi-Application SIP Extensions
Multiple SIP registrations are available in this IP horn speaker, including Page (50), Emergency Alert (10) and Ring (10) extensions. On Page, the speaker will auto-answer when called for making public address (PA) voice announcements. For Ring and Emergency Alert extensions the speaker will play a configurable WAV file from 1GB device memory when the extension is called (e.g., ring tones for telephone alerting, notification alerts for safety / security / emergency events and informational announcements).
Scale Algo InformaCast IP Speakers Over Any Size Building or Campus
The 8186-IC together with other InformaCast endpoints can cover any size enterprise.
The IP horn speaker also supports multicast send or receive. As a result, many Algo IP speakers can be deployed to cover any size building, campus or enterprise. There is no limit to the number of devices part of a multicast, and a minimum of network traffic activity is utilized.
A single registered 8186-IC can be configured to multicast to any number and mix of Algo IP speakers, strobe lights, paging adapters and multicast supported IP telephones.
Multicast provides cost effective scalability using a minimum of SIP registered endpoints, as only the endpoint designated to send the multicast needs to be registered. Devices configured to receive the multicast do not need registration.
The 8186-IC supports RTP multicast.
Multicast zone paging for up to 50 zones can be configured from a single 8186-IC IP wall speaker. Zones can be selected one of two ways. One option is to map multicast page zones to individual SIP extensions on the speaker. Fifty (50) page extensions are available for this purpose. Alternatively, in order to minimize SIP registrations, multicast page zones can be configured in this IP speaker as a DTMF key press selection using the dial pad of telephone making the page call.
Note: Additional page zones can be configured by registering individual Algo IP speakers for specific room paging (e.g. school classroom). Speakers with SIP registrations can also be configured to be a member / receiver of multicast zones.
IP Horn Speaker for Plant, Warehouse, Schools & Other PA Applications
Together with the Algo 8301-IC Algo InformaCast IP Paging Adapter & Scheduler, a public address (PA) system requiring multiple zones with scheduled bells / announcements can be easily configured and synchronized with IP clocks using the 8186-IC and other Algo IP speakers.
If desired, the 8301 IP paging adapter can also provide audio to a legacy analog paging system via its line level output, and simultaneously multicast this audio to additional Algo IP endpoints.
Dynamic Volume Control & Talkback
Speaker volume can be configured via the web GUI of the endpoint. However, the 8186-IC speaker’s microphone can also be used to monitor and adapt speaker volume according to background noise levels. This unique Algo feature is called Ambient Noise Compensation. Where many speakers are deployed in a room / building, volume can self-adjust to the background noise levels at each speaker location. Ambient Noise Compensation helps to ensure that announcements and alerts are heard but never too loud.
Talkback is supported in the 8186-IC. This feature can be enabled for a page call using the speaker’s microphone.
IP Loud Ringer
The Ring extension on the 8180-IC is used for loud ringing / night bell applications. The 8180-IC will play a ring tone WAV file saved in 1GB device memory when this extension is called. Typically the speaker will be configured in a ring group to include a telephone(s). The WAV file will play for the duration of the ring event until the call is answered. Several default ring tones are available in 8180-IC, however, custom WAV files can be uploaded to the device.
Up to 10 Ring extensions are available to register on a single speaker for this purpose, thereby allowing one speaker to act as a loud ringer for several telephones by configuring different ring groups for each registered Ring extension.
Where audible and visual telephone ring alerting is required, the 8180-IC can be combined with an Algo strobe light using multicast or a relay.
To sum up, the 8186-IC is a self-amplified SIP speaker. Therefore no separate amplifier is required. The endpoint is powered via PoE (IEEE 802.3af). A mounting plate is included for easy installation to a wall or ceiling. The horn can also be fitted to a standard double gang box if running conduit to the speaker. The product is CSA/UL, FCC and CE certified.
Benefits of the PoE Algo InformaCast IP Horn Speaker
- Fully compliant InformaCast endpoint for simplified registration.
- Excellent Wideband audio clarity and intelligibility.
- IPX6 rated and suitable for outdoor and wet environments when properly installed with included mounting gaskets.
- Three axis rotation for widest range of vertical and horizontal adjustments – wall or ceiling mount.
- Network managed and supervised SIP and multicast endpoint.
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af) eliminates need for local power supply, and simplifies wiring infrastructure and management.
- Eliminates narrowband FXS port or ATA.
- Multi functional IP speaker for voice paging, emergency notification and ring alerting. Easily integrate with the 8301-IC Algo InformaCast IP Paging Adapter & Scheduler for automatically playing tones and/or announcements for scheduled events
- Wideband G.722 codec support for HD Voice.
- Supports RTP multicast.
- Combine with any number and variety of Algo InformaCast speakers, strobes and paging adapters for more comprehensive public address (PA) and alerting solution requirements.
- SIP compatibility with leading UC vendors.
- Configurable through a web interface.
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS). Also supported: TLS & SRTP (secure SIP signalling and media), SIP over TCP (allows increased packet size over UDP), DNS SRV Record, and CDP/LLDP automatic VLAN assignment.
- Compatible with any third party SNMP monitoring software or the Algo 8300 IP Endpoint Supervisor (Controller).
- Internal memory of 1GB for uploading custom WAV files (e.g. tones, alerts, recorded messages, etc.). Also pre-loaded with several ring tones for loud ringing including bell, chime, gong, buzzer, warble, and barking dogs.
- Multiple SIP registrations for Page (50), Emergency Alert (10) and Ring (10) extensions.
- Programmable relay (dry contact) input or output, supporting Algo 1202 and 1203 illuminated and supervised wall buttons, in addition to Algo 8128 / 8138 strobe lights and 1127 Visual Alerter.
- Microphone for hands-free talkback / intercom.
- Ambient Noise Compensation for automatic speaker volume control based on background noise levels.
- UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified
- Dimensions: 11.8″ x 6.6″ x 10.2″ (30cm x 16.8cm x 25.8cm)
|Power Input: PoE (IEEE 802.3af Class 0) 48V, 12.95W|
|Max Power: 12.95W|
|Idle Power: Nominal 2W|
|SIP Signalling/Transport Protocols: UDP, TCP, TLS, RTP, SRTP|
|Multicast & Third-Party Compatibility|
|RTP Multicast (Send and Receive 50 Zones)|
|Configuration & Provisioning|
|Configuration: Web interface or provisioning server|
|Web Interface: HTTP, HTTPS|
|Provisioning: TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS|
|DHCP Options 66, 150, 160|
|Reboot via SIP ‘check-sync’|
|Supervision: Compatible with any third party SNMP monitoring software or the Algo 8300 Controller.|
|Networking: IPv4, DHCP, VLAN|
|Link Layer: LLDP, CDP|
|NAT: STUN, TURN, CRLF Keep Alive, SIP Outbound|
|Address Resolution: DNS, SRV Record|
|Redundancy: Secondary and tertiary SIP server|
|Time: NTP Server (up to four)|
|Speaker: Double re-entrant horn speaker, 11″ x 6 5/8″ (30cm x 16.8cm) rectangular|
|SPL: 116 dBA at 1m (1 kHz sine wave)|
|Frequency Response: 350 – 9,000 Hz (- 10 dB)|
|Dispersion Angle: 76H x 51V (2 kHz -6dB); Oriented Vertically 11” tall x 6 5/8” Wide|
|Microphone: Omnidirectional – talkback and ambient noise monitoring|
|Audio Codecs: G.711 u-law, G.711 A-law, G.722 Wideband|
|Audio Memory: 1 GByte audio storage|
|Relay Input: Normally open or normally closed dry contact supervision using Algo 1202 Call Button, 1203 Call Switch, 1204 Volume Control or EOL resistor termination|
|Relay Output: Max 30 V 50 mA (normally open)|
Nominal 12V source, current limited to 40mA
Typical supervision resistor value = 1k ohm
|Environmental & Mechanical|
|Environmental: -40 to +50° C (-40 to +122° F)|
|Suitable for outdoor and wet environments when properly installed.|
|Dimensions (Product): 11” x 6.6” x 10.5” (28cm x 16.8cm x 26.7cm)|
|Weight (Product): 5.0 lbs (2.3 kg)|
|Weight (Shipping): 6.4 lbs (2.9 kg)|
|RoHS, CE, FCC Class A, CISPR 22 Class A, CISPR 24, CSA/UL (USA & Canada), EN60950|
- InformaCast deployments in any commercial environment requiring a PA system for voice announcements and emergency notification / alerting.
- IP voice paging in warehouse, factory, school gymnasium or playground, car lot, yard or campus environment, etc.
- IP loud ringing / ringer or night bell to avoid missed calls in noisy locations or where employees are wearing hearing protection (e.g., machine shop, garage, warehouse, manufacturing plant / factory, utility, etc.), or outdoor applications (e.g. car lot, yard, farm, etc.).
- Mass notification for emergency (e.g., lockdown, evacuation, reverse evacuation), safety (e.g., medical, workplace accident), security events (e.g. OSHA or similar workplace regulations).
- Schedule announcements / tones to play automatically with the Algo 8301 scheduler. The 8301 will multicast audio to any model of Algo IP speaker and paging adapter. For example, school (i.e., class changes, recess, playing an anthem, etc.), retail and healthcare announcements (i.e., store closing, visiting hours, etc.), and workplace shift changes, breaks, etc.
- Combine with all variety of Algo InformaCast visual and audible IP endpoints to create more comprehensive public address (PA) and notification alerting solutions.