8138 IP Color Visual Alerter
IP Color Visual Alerter for Telephone, Safety, Security & Emergency Alerting – PoE
The PoE 8138 IP Color Visual Alerter is a four color LED visual alerting IP endpoint in amber, blue, green and red. This PoE IP strobe light is designed for telephone ringing where noise, noise sensitivity or hearing impairment are at issue. Together with Algo IP speakers, the 8138 is also commonly deployed as part of public address (PA) and mass notification systems to visually alert for safety, security and emergency events.
The 8138 alerter is a fully compliant 3rd party SIP endpoint. As a result, this IP strobe light is compatible with most hosted / cloud and premise-based VoIP telephone systems.
- Multi-color IP alerter for public address (PA) and alert notification.
- Secure SIP using TLS and SRTP.
- Multicast to scale from one to many synchronized strobes.
- Long-life LEDs providing 360 x 180 degree visibility from a wall or ceiling mount location.
- 180 combinations of flash patterns, intensity and color incuding steady-state on.
- Amber, blue, green and red LED color options to distinguish unique events and enhance situational awareness. (Use Algo 8128 for white).
- Configuration via user friendly web interface or auto-provisioning.
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af).
- Ideal for noisy workplace environments or where hearing protect is worn (e.g., manufacturing plant / factory, utility, warehouse, machine shop, garage, restaurant), noise sensitive areas (e.g., hospital maternity ward, court room, studio, library) and expansive facilities such as a school / college / university campus, transportation terminal (i.e., airport, bus / rail station), hospital, government office, enterprise campus, etc.
The 8138 IP Color Visual Alerter is UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified.
IP Visual Alerting for Enhanced Situational Awareness
The 8138 IP Visual Alerters is a four color LED including amber, blue, green and red. The alerter’s color options are designed to enhance notification and alerting of telephone, safety, security and emergency events. Typically the 8138 is deployed with Algo IP speakers using multicast, to design a notification system that aligns a visual alert color with the speaker’s broadcast for an alert tone / announcement. For example, Amber – Shelter, Blue – Medical, Green – All Clear, Red – Lockdown.
The 8138 Alerter may be actived using its API interface for additional applications where the color capabilities are advantageous.
Such as visual indication ie GO, STOP, WARNING, DANGER, CLEAR etc.
Multi-Application SIP Extensions
Multiple SIP registrations are available in this IP alerter, including Page (50), Emergency Alert (10) and Ring (10) extensions. On Page, the alerter will auto-answer and flash until the call is ended by the caller (this allows long duration events). For Ring, the alerter will not answer but flash for the duration of ring. Emergency Alert extensions activate the strobe to flash until the event is cancelled by calling a separate extension.
Scale Algo IP Visual Alerters Over Any Size Building or Campus
The 8138 IP Color Alerter Color supports multicast send or receive. As a result, many Algo alerters can be deployed to cover any size building, campus or enterprise. There is no limit to the number of devices receiving a multicast, and a minimum of network traffic activity is utilized. Multiple alerters activated by multicast will flash in a synchronized pattern.
A single registered 8138 can be configured to multicast to any number and mix of Algo IP speakers, paging adapters, strobe lights and multicast supported IP telephones.
Multicast provides cost effective scalability using a minimum of SIP registered endpoints, as only the endpoint designated to send the multicast needs to be registered. Devices configured to receive the multicast do not need registration.
Support is available for RTP multicast, in addition to Polycom Group Page, Singlewire InformaCast (part no. 8138-IC). Revolution support will be available in Q3 2020.
Multicast zone paging for up to 50 zones can be configured from a single 8138 strobe light. Zones can be selected one of two ways. One option is to map multicast page zones to individual SIP extensions on the endpoint. Fifty (50) page extensions are available for this purpose. Alternatively, in order to minimize SIP registrations, multicast page zones can be configured in the SIP strobe light as a DTMF key press selection using the dial pad of telephone making the page call.
Alert Notification in Transportation, Education, Manufacturing & Other PA Applications
Together with the Algo 8301 SIP Paging Adapter & Scheduler, a PA system requiring multiple zones with scheduled bells / announcements can be easily configured and synchronized with IP clocks using the 8138 and other Algo IP speakers.
If desired, the 8301 IP paging adapter can also provide audio to a legacy analog paging system via its line level output, and simultaneously multicast this audio to additional Algo IP endpoints.
IP Visual Ring Alerting
The Ring extension on the 8138 is used for telephone visual ringing / ring alerting. The 8138 will flash when this extension is called. Typically the strobe light will be configured in a ring group to include a telephone(s). The strobe light will flash for the duration of the ring event until the call is answered. Fifteen(15) flash patterns, each with three intensity levels, are available to choose from.
Up to 10 Ring extensions are available to register on a single strobe light, thereby allowing one device to act as a visual alerter for several telephones by configuring different ring groups for each registered Ring extension. Each registered extension can of course be configured to flash a specific color, flash pattern and intensity to effectively distinguish each telephone ring event.
Where audible and visual telephone ring alerting is required, the 8138 can be combined with an Algo strobe light using multicast or a relay.
Emergency Notification Alerting
For notification alerting of safety, security and emergency events there are two activation options available: Dial an Emergency Alert extension or connect a button to the strobe’s relay input.
Up to 10 Emergency Alert extensions are available to register on the alerter, allowing for different types of alerts to be activated when the extension is called (e.g., lockdown, evacuation, shelter, all clear, etc.). The multi-color configuration options of the 8138, in addition to multiple flash patterns and intensities, allow this IP alerter to align with specific alerting events. This capability improves situational awareness and response time.
An Emergency Alert can be configured to activate the alerter for a timed duration. Alternatively, the alert be activated until cancelled. This feature uses a Call To Cancel extension to stop activating the strobe light when desired.
Upon calling an Emergency Alert extension the user does not have to remain on the phone. As soon as the call is made the 8138 alerter will flash as configured. This ensures emergency alerting is simple and efficient from any telephone or device in the UC environment. If the Call to Cancel extension is configured, the same cancelling extension will apply to any of the Emergency Alert extensions registered.
As an alternative option for emergency alerting, any button providing a contact closure, including the Algo 1202 and 1203 buttons, can be wired to the 8138 relay input using a 24 gauge single twisted pair. Two configuration options are available via strobe’s relay input upon button activation:
- Flash and/or multicast an alert.
- Call a target extension and play a tone / announcement.
Power for the Algo 1202 and 1203 buttons is provided by the available PoE from the 8138 IP Coilor Visual Alerter.
Any combination and number of Algo IP endpoints can be configured as a multicast for emergency alerting to cover any size room, building, campus or enterprise.
Long-Life LEDs & Customizable Flash Patterns
The high intensity LEDs of the 8138 SIP Strobe Light provide extended life in comparison to Xenon type strobes, with more luminescence and less energy.
The IP alerter offers 360 x 180 degree visibility when mounted to a wall or ceiling. Fifteen(15) flash pattern options (each with three intensity levels and four color options) are available to suit any application environment.
To sum up, the 8138 IP alerter is powered via PoE (IEEE 802.3af). A wall mount plate is included for easy installation. The product is CSA/UL, FCC and CE certified.
Benefits of the PoE Algo IP Color Visual Alerter
- Network managed and supervised SIP and multicast endpoint.
- Visibility from any angle whether mounted vertically or horizontally.
- Fully zone configurable via a web interface. Multicast zones are not dependent on wiring to the strobe light.
- Multi-color LED visual alert to meet enhanced emergency notification requirements.
- Match aggressiveness of the flash pattern (15), intensity (3) and colors (4) to the nature of the alert. For example, low, medium and high brightness options with amber, blue, green and red LED color choices.
- Multicast to scale from one to many synchronized alerters.
- Notification without audible noise for noise sensitive, high noise environments or for hearing impaired users.
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af) eliminates need for local power supply, and simplifies wiring infrastructure and management.
- Compatible with all varieties of Algo IP speakers, paging adapters and strobe lights for more comprehensive alerting solution requirements.
- Multicast send or receive capability for cost effective scalability. For example, mix with any number and variety of Algo speakers, paging adapters and strobe lights for more comprehensive public address (PA) and alerting solution requirements.
- Supports RTP multicast, in addition to Polycom Group Page, and Singlewire InformaCast (part no. 8138-IC).
- SIP compatibility with leading UC vendors / VoIP platforms.
- Configurable through a web interface.
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS). Also supported: TLS & SRTP (secure SIP signalling and media), SIP over TCP (allows increased packet size over UDP), DNS SRV Record, and CDP/LLDP automatic VLAN assignment.
- Compatible with any third party SNMP monitoring software or the Algo 8300 IP Endpoint Supervisor (Controller).
- Multiple SIP registrations for Page (50), Emergency Alert (10) and Ring (10) extensions.
- Programmable relay (dry contact) input or output, supporting Algo 1202 and 1203 illuminated and supervised wall buttons, in addition to any Algo relay activated endpoint.
- Long-life LEDs providing 360 x 180 degree visibility from a wall or ceiling mount location.
- Mounts to double gang box for conduit installation or to any flat horizontal or vertical surface.
- —- lumen rating.
- 15 configurable flash patterns, each with three available intensity levels and four colors to choose from to best suit application requirements.
- Amber, blue, green and red LED colors to configure for distinguishing unique events and improve situational awareness / response time.
- UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified.
- Product dimensions: 4.8″ x 4.8″ x 3.0″ (12.2cm x 12.2cm x 7.6cm)
|Power Input: PoE (IEEE 802.3af Class 0) 48V, 12.95W|
|Max Power: 12.95W|
|Idle Power: Nominal 2.5W|
|SIP Signalling/Transport Protocols: UDP, TCP, TLS, RTP, SRTP|
API Control of alerter to activate or stop alerting even with choice of flash pattern, intensity and color.
Multicast & Third-Party Compatibility
|RTP Multicast (Send and Receive 50 Zones)|
|Receive only* Polycom Group Page (The strobe cannot generate audio – provides visual alert during page)|
|Singlewire InformaCast (additional license required)|
Configuration & Provisioning
|Configuration: Web interface or provisioning server|
|Web Interface: HTTP, HTTPS|
|Provisioning: TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS|
|DHCP Options 66, 150, 160|
|Reboot via SIP ‘check-sync’|
|Supervision: Compatible with any third party SNMP monitoring software or the Algo 8300 Controller.|
|Networking: IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, VLAN|
|Link Layer: LLDP, CDP|
|NAT: STUN, TURN, CRLF Keep Alive, SIP Outbound|
|Address Resolution: DNS, SRV Record|
|Redundancy: Secondary and tertiary SIP server|
|Time: NTP Server (up to four)|
|No audio capability is provided however activation is possible from a multicast audio stream.|
|16 LEDs * 4 Colours (Red, Blue, Green, Amber) (64 total)|
|180 Combinations of flash pattern, intensity and color|
|Relay Input: Normally open or normally closed dry contact supervision using Algo 1202 Call Button, 1203 Call Switch or EOL resistor termination|
|Relay Output: Max 30 V 50 mA (normally open)|
Nominal 12V source, current limited to 40mA
Typical supervision resistor value = 1k ohm
Environmental & Mechanical
|Environmental: -40 to +50° C (-4 to +122° F)); 10-95% RH non-condensing. Dry indoor location only unless wiring cavity protected from water ingress using supplied gaskets or other protective measures.|
|Dimensions: 4.8″ x 4.8″ x 3″ (12.2cm x 12.2cm x 7.6cm)|
|Weight (Product): 1.0 lbs (0.5 kg)|
|Weight (Shipping): 1.4 lbs (0.6 kg)|
|RoHS, CE, FCC Class A, CISPR 32 Class A, CISPR 24, CSA/UL (USA & Canada), EN62368-1|
- Emergency mass notification for expansive enterprise or campus environments including lockdown or evacuation events, workplace safety, security or weather warning events (e.g., school / college / university, manufacturing plant, airport / bus / rail station terminals, hospital, government facility, distribution warehouse, etc.).
- Noisy environments requiring visual ring alerting to avoid missed calls. Similarly, where employees are wearing hearing protection. For example, factory, utility, machine shop, garage, restaurant, kitchen, call center, etc.
- Telephone ring alerting in noise sensitive environments such as a maternity ward in a hospital, court room, studio, library, etc.
- ADA or similar workplace compliance for the hearing impaired as a telephone ring alert.
- Call center ACD queue threshold alert (by ringing a telephone).
- Door open / access control or security surveillance visual alarm.
- Workplace safety regulations such as OSHA compliance.
- Process control alert (e.g. machinery fault, temperature sensor, etc.).