8128 SIP Strobe Light
IP Strobe Light for Telephone, Safety, Security & Emergency Alerting – PoE
The PoE 8128 SIP Strobe Light is a visual alerting IP endpoint in clear / white for telephone ringing where noise, noise sensitivity or hearing impairment are at issue. This IP strobe light is also commonly used for public address (PA) and mass notification applications to visually alert for safety, security and emergency events.
The 8128 strobe light is a fully compliant 3rd party SIP endpoint. As a result, the 8128 is compatible with most hosted / cloud and premise-based VoIP telephone systems.
- IP strobe light for public address (PA) and alert notification.
- Secure SIP using TLS and SRTP.
- Multicast to scale from one to many synchronized strobes.
- Long-life LEDs providing 360 x 180 degree visibility from a wall or ceiling mount location.
- Zero light degradation for at least 34 years of continuous use.
- 875 lumen rating.
- 11 configurable flash patterns, each with three brightness levels to choose from to best suit application requirements.
- Amber, blue and red lens color accessories to distinguish unique events and enhance situational awareness.
- Configuration via user friendly web interface or auto-provisioning.
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af).
- Ideal for noisy workplace environments or where hearing protect is worn (e.g., manufacturing plant / factory, utility, warehouse, machine shop, garage, restaurant), noise sensitive areas (e.g., hospital maternity ward, court room, studio, library) and expansive facilities such as a school /college / university campus, transportation terminal (i.e., airport, bus / rail station), hospital, government office, enterprise campus, etc.
The 8128 SIP Strobe Light is UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified. The strobe light is powered via PoE.
Multi-Application SIP Extensions
Multiple SIP registrations are available in this IP strobe light, including Page (50), Emergency Alert (10) and Ring (10) extensions. On Page, the strobe light will auto-answer and flash for the duration of the voice announcements. For Ring and Emergency Alert extensions the strobe light will flash for the duration of the alerting event.
Scale Algo IP Strobe Lights Over Any Size Building or Campus
The 8128 SIP Strobe Light supports multicast send or receive. As a result, many Algo IP strobe lights can be deployed to cover any size building, campus or enterprise. There is no limit to the number of devices part of a multicast, and a minimum of network traffic activity is utilized. Multiple strobe lights in a multicast will flash in a synchronized pattern.
A single registered 8128 can be configured to multicast to any number and mix of Algo IP speakers, paging adapters, strobe lights and multicast supported IP telephones.
Multicast provides cost effective scalability using a minimum of SIP registered endpoints, as only the endpoint designated to send the multicast needs to be registered. Devices configured to receive the multicast do not need registration.
Support is available for RTP multicast, in addition to Polycom Group Page, Singlewire InformaCast (part no. 8128-IC).
Multicast zone paging for up to 50 zones can be configured from a single 8128 strobe light. Zones can be selected one of two ways. One option is to map multicast page zones to individual SIP extensions on the endpoint. Fifty (50) page extensions are available for this purpose. Alternatively, in order to minimize SIP registrations, multicast page zones can be configured in the SIP strobe light as a DTMF key press selection using the dial pad of telephone making the page call.
Alert Notification in Manufacturing, Education & Other PA Applications
Together with the Algo 8301 SIP Paging Adapter & Scheduler, a PA system requiring multiple zones with scheduled bells / announcements can be easily configured and synchronized with IP clocks using the 8128 and other Algo IP speakers.
If desired, the 8301 IP paging adapter can also provide audio to a legacy analog paging system via its line level output, and simultaneously multicast this audio to additional Algo IP endpoints.
IP Visual Ring Alerting
The Ring extension on the 8128 is used for telephone visual ringing / ring alerting. The 8128 will flash when this extension is called. Typically the strobe light will be configured in a ring group to include a telephone(s). The strobe light will flash for the duration of the ring event until the call is answered. Eleven(11) flash patterns, each with three intensity levels, are available to choose from.
Up to 10 Ring extensions are available to register on a single strobe light, thereby allowing one device to act as a visual alerter for several telephones by configuring different ring groups for each registered Ring extension.
Where audible and visual telephone ring alerting is required, the 8128 can be combined with an Algo IP speaker using multicast or a relay.
Emergency Notification Alerting
For notification alerting of safety, security and emergency events there are two activation options available: Dial an Emergency Alert extension or connect a button to the strobe’s relay input.
Up to 10 Emergency Alert extensions are available to register on the SIP strobe light, allowing for different types of alerts to be activated (e.g., lockdown, evacuation, shelter, all clear, etc.). A choice of four colors (i.e., amber, blue, clear and red), in addition to 11 flash patterns / intensities can be configured to align with the alerting event and enhance situational awareness (e.g., Red – Lockdown, Blue – Medical Emergency, Amber – Shelter, etc.). Note: For a multi-color strobe light option use the Algo 8138 SIP Strobe Light.
An Emergency Alert can be configured to activate the strobe for a timed duration. Alternatively, the alert be activated until cancelled. This feature uses a Call To Cancel extension to stop activating the strobe light when desired.
Upon calling an Emergency Alert extension the user does not have to remain on the phone. As soon as the call is made the 8128 SIP Strobe will flash as configured. This ensures emergency alerting is simple and efficient from any telephone or device in the UC environment. If the Call to Cancel extension is configured, the same cancelling extension will apply to any of the Emergency Alert extensions registered.
As an alternative option for emergency alerting, any button providing a contact closure, including the Algo 1202 and 1203 buttons, can be wired to the 8128 relay input using a 24 gauge single twisted pair. Two configuration options are available via strobe’s relay input upon button activation:
- Flash and/or multicast an alert.
- Call a target extension and play a tone.
Power for the Algo 1202 and 1203 buttons is provided by the available PoE from the 8128 IP strobe light.
Any combination and number of Algo IP endpoints can be configured as a multicast for emergency alerting to cover any size room, building, campus or enterprise.
Long-Life LEDs & Customizable Flash Patterns
The 16 high intensity LEDs of the 8128 SIP Strobe Light provide extended life in comparison to Xenon type strobes, with more luminescence and less energy.
The IP strobe light offers 360 x 180 degree visibility when mounted to a wall or ceiling. Eleven(11) flash pattern options (each with three brightness levels) are available to suit any application environment.
To sum up, the 8128 IP strobe light is powered via PoE (IEEE 802.3af). A wall mount plate is included for easy installation. The product is CSA/UL, FCC and CE certified.
Benefits of the PoE Algo IP Strobe Light
- Network managed and supervised SIP and multicast endpoint.
- Visibility from any angle whether mounted vertically or horizontally.
- Life expectancy 200 times longer than Xenon strobe, with zero light degradation for at least 34 years of continuous use.
- Fully zone configurable via a web interface. Multicast zones are not dependent on wiring to the strobe light.
- Match aggressiveness of the flash pattern (11), intensity (3) and color to the nature of the event. For example, low, medium and high brightness options with amber, blue, clear and red color lens choices.
- Multicast to scale from one to many synchronized strobe lights.
- Notification without audible noise for noise sensitive, high noise environments or for hearing impaired users.
- PoE (IEEE 802.3af) eliminates need for local power supply, and simplifies wiring infrastructure and management.
- Compatible with all varieties of Algo IP speakers, paging adapters and strobe lights for more comprehensive alerting solution requirements.
- Multicast send or receive capability for cost effective scalability. For example, mix with any number and variety of Algo speakers, paging adapters and strobe lights for more comprehensive public address (PA) and alerting solution requirements.
- Supports RTP multicast, in addition to Polycom Group Page, and Singlewire InformaCast (part no. 8128-IC).
- SIP compatibility with leading UC vendors / VoIP platforms.
- Configurable through a web interface.
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS). Also supported: TLS & SRTP (secure SIP signalling and media), SIP over TCP (allows increased packet size over UDP), DNS SRV Record, and CDP/LLDP automatic VLAN assignment.
- Compatible with any third party SNMP monitoring software or the Algo 8300 IP Endpoint Supervisor (Controller).
- Multiple SIP registrations for Page (50), Emergency Alert (10) and Ring (10) extensions.
- Programmable relay (dry contact) input or output, supporting Algo 1202 and 1203 illuminated and supervised wall buttons, in addition to any Algo relay activated endpoint.
- 16 long-life LEDs providing 360 x 180 degree visibility from a wall or ceiling mount location.
- Mounts to double gang box for conduit installation or to any flat horizontal or vertical surface.
- Zero light degradation for at least 34 years of continuous use.
- 875 lumen rating.
- 11 configurable flash patterns, each with three available brightness / intensity levels to choose from to best suit application requirements.
- Amber, blue and red lens colors accessories available to distinguish unique events and enhance situational awareness.
- UL/CSA, FCC and CE certified.
- Product dimensions: 4.8″ x 4.8″ x 3.0″ (12.2cm x 12.2cm x 7.6cm)
|Power Input: PoE (IEEE 802.3af Class 0) 48V, 12.95W|
|Max Power: 12.95W|
|Idle Power: Nominal 2.5W|
|SIP Signalling/Transport Protocols: UDP, TCP, TLS, RTP, SRTP|
Multicast & Third-Party Compatibility
|RTP Multicast (Send and Receive 50 Zones)|
|Receive only* Polycom Group Page (The strobe cannot generate audio)|
|Singlewire InformaCast (additional license required)|
Configuration & Provisioning
|Configuration: Web interface or provisioning server|
|Web Interface: HTTP, HTTPS|
|Provisioning: TFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS|
|DHCP Options 66, 150, 160|
|Reboot via SIP ‘check-sync’|
|Supervision: Compatible with any third party SNMP monitoring software or the Algo 8300 Controller.|
|Networking: IPv4, DHCP, VLAN|
|Link Layer: LLDP, CDP|
|NAT: STUN, TURN, CRLF Keep Alive, SIP Outbound|
|Address Resolution: DNS, SRV Record|
|Redundancy: Secondary and tertiary SIP server|
|Time: NTP Server (up to four)|
|Audio Codecs: G.711 u-law, G.711 A-law, G.722 Wideband|
|Audio Memory: 1 GByte audio storage|
|16 LEDs (White)|
|11 Patterns * 3 Brightness levels|
|Relay Input: Normally open or normally closed dry contact supervision using Algo 1202 Call Button, 1203 Call Switch or EOL resistor termination|
|Relay Output: Max 30 V 50 mA (normally open)|
Nominal 12V source, current limited to 40mA
Typical supervision resistor value = 1k ohm
Environmental & Mechanical
|Environmental: -20 to +50° C (-4 to +122° F); 10-95% RH non-condensing. Dry indoor location only unless wiring cavity protected from water ingress using supplied gaskets or other protective measures.|
|Dimensions (Product): 4.8″ x 4.8″ x 3″ (12.2cm x 12.2cm x 7.6cm)|
|Weight (Product): 1.0 lbs (0.5 kg)|
|Weight (Shipping): 1.4 lbs (0.6 kg)|
|EN60950:2001, RoHS, CE, FCC Class A, CISPR 22 Class A, CISPR 24, CSA/UL (USA & Canada)|
- Emergency mass notification for expansive enterprise or campus environments including lockdown or evacuation events, workplace safety, security or weather warning events (e.g., school / college / university, manufacturing plant, airport / bus / rail station terminals, hospital, government facility, distribution warehouse, etc.).
- Noisy environments requiring visual ring alerting to avoid missed calls. Similarly, where employees are wearing hearing protection. For example, factory, utility, machine shop, garage, restaurant, kitchen, call center, etc.
- Telephone ring alerting in quiet or noise sensitive environments such as a maternity ward in a hospital, court room, studio, library, etc.
- ADA or similar workplace compliance for the hearing impaired as a telephone ring alert.
- Call center ACD queue threshold alert (by ringing a telephone).
- Door open / access control or security surveillance visual alarm.
- Workplace safety regulations such as OSHA compliance.
- Process control alert (e.g. machinery fault, temperature sensor, etc.).
|SIP Strobe Light||8128|
|Algo InformaCast IP Strobe Light||8128-IC|
|SIP Multi-Color Strobe Light||8138|
|Strobe Light Lens Cover (Amber)||X128A|
|Strobe Light Lens Cover (Blue)||X128B|
|Strobe Light Lens Cover (Red)||X128R|
|Call Button (optional)||1202|
|Call Switch (optional)||1203|
|Polycom VVX Ring Detector||2506|