It is our commitment to maintain the principles of integrity and trust with respect to the protection of personal information.
This Policy describes our practices with respect to how we may collect, use, disclose, retain, dispose, and otherwise process (collectively, “process”) and how you may correct, update, and access your personal information that you provide as a user of our products, solutions, and website at algosolutions.com (collectively, the “Service”).
Please read this Policy carefully. By using our Service or otherwise by choosing to provide us with your personal information, you acknowledge and consent to the processing of your personal information in British Columbia in accordance with this Policy and as may be further identified when the personal information is collected. If you are located or residing outside of British Columbia, please be aware that the privacy laws and principles in British Columbia may differ and not offer the same level of protection as those in your location or residing jurisdiction. Through your continued use of our Service you are transferring your personal information to other jurisdictions within Canada and you expressly consent to that transfer.
If you do not agree with the processing of your personal information in accordance with this Policy, please do not access or continue to use any aspect of the Service or otherwise provide any personal information to us.
“business contact information” means information that enables an individual to be contacted at work, including his/her name, title, business address, business telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
“employee personal information” means personal information about an employee that is collected, used, or disclosed solely for the purposes reasonably required to establish, manage, or terminate an employment relationship, but does not include other personal information about the employee.
“personal information” means any information that personally identifies an individual, but does not include business contact information or work product information.
“work product information” means information prepared or collected by an individual or group of individuals as part of their employment or business responsibilities or activities related to their employment or business.
We are responsible for all personal information under our control, even if it is not in our possession. We have developed policies and procedures to deal with the proper collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
The Personal Information We Collect
The types of information we receive and collect depends on how our Service is used. We require certain information to deliver our Service and without this we will not be able to provide the Service. Our Service has optional features which, if used, requires us to collect additional information to provide such features. You will be notified of such collection, as appropriate. If you choose not to provide the information needed to use a feature, you will be unable to use the feature.
Directly Collected Personal Information. When you use our Service, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Unique identifiers such as username, profile photo, account number, and password;
- Transaction and payment information; and
- Other information that you post or provide to your profile.
Your personal information may be collected when:
- You register for an account with us;
- You connect with us through social media;
- You use the features of our Service, including making purchases or sending messages; and
- Interact with us through the Service and otherwise.
Collection from Third Parties. We may collect personal information from third-party sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, or other third parties. For example:
- We may receive lead and prospect information from third parties about prospective customers that may be interested in our Service. We may also engage with third parties to enhance or update our customer information.
- If you post information about us or engage with us on third-party platforms or choose to log in to our Service with a third-party account (e.g., Google) or link a third-party account to your account Algo profile, we may collect personal information about you from that third-party platform or account. These third-party platforms and services control the information they collect and share about you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies.
Personal Information Collected Automatically. We automatically collect personal information related to the use of our Service and interactions with us and others, including information we collect automatically via our website (e.g., via using cookies and pixel tags), as well as information we derive about you and your use of the Service. Such information includes:
- Activities and usage. We may also collect activity information related to the use of the Service, such as information about the links clicked, searches, features used, items viewed, time spent within the Service, content uploaded or viewed (and metadata associated with that content), and other interactions within the Service.
- Location information. We may collect or derive location information about you, such as through your IP address. Further, with your permission, we may collect geolocation information from your device. You may turn off location data sharing through your device settings.
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to individualize your experience on our website;
- to communicate separately with you;
- to facilitate your use of our Service;
- to analyze user experience and improve the Service;
- to protect our Service and our business operations;
- to comply with applicable law and our legal obligations;
- to provide you with support regarding the Service; and
- to be able to selectively send you marketing communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
Unless required by law or otherwise authorized by applicable privacy law, we will not use or disclose personal information already collected for other purposes unless we obtain the consent of the individual to whom it belongs. When required by law, we will seek consent to use and disclose personal information at the same time as we collect the information. Subject to contractual or legal arrangements, you may withdraw or refuse consent provided that we are given reasonable notice. We will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent, if any.
We strive to only send e-mails to those who want to receive it. Algo includes an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email. If you would not like to receive future e-mails from us, click the unsubscribe hyperlink where you will have a choice to unsubscribe from all or just some types of e-mails.
We will only collect personal information for the purposes we have identified above and that are reasonable in the circumstances. We will only collect personal information through methods that are lawful, will not collect information indiscriminately, and will try to collect personal information directly from the individual concerned unless authorized by that individual to collect it from a third party or otherwise as permitted by the applicable privacy law. Depending on how you have configured your browser, when you access our website, a small file – a “cookie” – may be created by our server and stored on your computer. The cookie contains a unique session identification number and is used to:
- keep track of your online order;
- ensure that you see the correct products and pricing applicable to the province in which you are located; and
- personalize your experience by alerting you to features and information that might interest you.
A cookie cannot be used to access or otherwise compromise the data on your hard drive. If you arrive at our website with your browser configured to disable cookies, you will not be identified until you register and sign-in. Please be advised that cookies may be required to complete certain functions on this website, such as making purchases or placing orders at our online store.
We may also use and disclose aggregate, anonymous, and other non-identifiable data related to our business and the Service for quality control, analytics, research, development, and other purposes. Where we use, disclose, or process de-identified data (data that is no longer reasonably linked or linkable to an identified or identifiable natural person, household, or personal or household device), we will maintain and use the information in de-identified form and not attempt to reidentify the information, except in order to determine whether our de-identification processes are reasonable and adequate pursuant to applicable privacy laws. We use this aggregate information to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our website, and to gather broad demographic information. None of this information relates to your personal information. We may also generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from personal information provided during registration (such as the total number, but not the names, of clients).
Use of IP Addresses
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the Internet. Web servers automatically identify your computer by its IP address. We may collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration, to report aggregated information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our website. When clients request pages from our website, our servers log the requesting clients’ IP addresses. We normally will not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that clients’ sessions will be logged, but client identity remains anonymous to us. We can and will use IP addresses to identify a client when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our rules or terms of service or to protect our service, website, or any person, or where it is otherwise authorized or required by law.
Use, Disclosure, and Retention
We will only use or disclose personal information for the purpose(s) for which it was collected. We may disclose the personal information to:
- our service providers, processors, and others who perform functions on our behalf, these may include, for example, hosting and technology providers, call center and customer service vendors, payment processors, analytics providers, consultants, auditors, and legal counsel;
- a person who in our reasonable judgment is seeking the information as an agent of the individual;
- a company or individual engaged by us to perform functions on its behalf, such as research or data processing;
- a credit reporting agency;
- a public authority or agent of a public authority, if in our reasonable judgment, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information; and
- where you consent to such disclosure, or it is required or authorized by law.
We may use and disclose employee personal information for a variety of purposes related to commencing, managing, or terminating the employment relationship. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease any personal information collected at our site, including contact forms, download requests or email lists. We will retain personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes stated above, as required for legal or business purposes or as required by law. Subsequently, we will destroy, erase, or make anonymous such information. However, we will retain for at least one-year personal information that has been used to make a decision about a client, customer, or employee.
Accuracy of Personal Information
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information in our control is accurate and complete. You may request corrections to your personal information. If your request for a correction is rejected by us, we will make a notation of such request and rejection on your file or personal information.
Safeguarding Personal Information
We will protect personal information in your control against risks of loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification, or destruction by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity and format of the information.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure; as such, despite our safeguards and protocols, we cannot fully guarantee the security of your personal information and you should always exercise caution when disclosing personal information over the internet.
Upon reasonable written notice from you, we will, within 30 days or such longer period in the event we obtain an extension, provide access to all your personal information in our possession and tell you what the information is being used for and to whom it has been disclosed. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for providing access to personal information. If we refuse your request for access, we will notify you in writing, documenting the reasons for refusal, the relevant provision of applicable privacy law on which we rely and resources for redress available to you.
If you have complaints about how your personal information is being handled by us, you may file a written complaint. Such complaint must clearly state the nature of the dispute and contain all necessary contact information for you. We will acknowledge receipt of a complaint, investigate such complaint, and notify you of the outcome of the complaint, including any relevant steps taken. If a complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you may seek redress with the British Columbia Information and Privacy Commissioner.
Links to Other Sites
Revisions to this Policy
This Policy was last updated on December 12, 2022. We will occasionally update this Policy and revise the “last updated” date appearing in this paragraph.
To ensure that this Policy is up to date and in compliance with applicable laws, we reserve the right to make changes, which will become effective 30 days following our providing notice thereof. If we make any material changes, we will either (a) notify you by email (sent to the email address listed in your account), or (b) provide a notice on the Service or otherwise through the Service before the change becomes effective. Any change to this Policy will apply to existing information, as well as information collected onwards from the date that this Policy is posted or on the date as specified in the notification, whichever is sooner. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices to ensure you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of the Service signifies your acceptance of any changes to this Policy.
You can direct any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding our compliance with this Policy and our processing of your personal information to our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with our team’s response to your question or concern, you may be able to file a complaint under applicable privacy laws. Our Privacy Officer will provide you with the contact information to do so if requested. We strive to offer an accessible and simple complaint procedure. We will promptly investigate all complaints received, and if a complaint is justified, we will take the necessary steps to resolve the issue in question.