Firmware Download For 8180 SIP Audio Alerter (G1 – Original Hardware)
This page provides the files necessary to upgrade your 8180 (G1) to Firmware Version 2.7.7
WHAT’S NEW IN FIRMWARE VERSION 2.7.7:
- Add support for HTTPS provisioning
- Add option to force sending of RTP audio packets even in 1-way audio mode
- Allow selection of multiple Polycom Group Page channels when in slave mode
FIRMWARE UPGRADE PROCEDURE
Follow the steps below to upgrade your firmware. Note: This firmware is NOT supported on 8180 (G2) hardware. For 8180 (G2) devices, please follow this link for download details.
Please do not use Internet Explorer 9 for the upgrade.
- Download the files listed below to your PC. Note: file names must remain unchanged.
- Open the 8180 web interface and go to the firmware upgrade section. Upload the two Firmware Version 2.7.7 files and click Upgrade.
Firmware version 2.7.7:
Version 1.8 or Older
** Please Note: Do NOT downgrade your firmware to this version, if you are already running a newer version **
Follow steps 1 to 3. (Version 1.8.3 firmware will first need to be installed to allocate additional memory for a successful upgrade).
Use the 8180 Web Interface Control Panel to reboot your device, go to System > Maintenance and select Reboot. Wait 30 to 60 seconds for the interface to reload. Download the files listed below to your PC, making sure to observe which ones are for the Kernel, and which ones are for the Firmware. Note: file names must remain unchanged.
- Firmware Upgrade (devices running version 1.8 or older): Open the 8180 web interface, go to Services > Upgrade. Upload the two Firmware Version 1.8.3 files and click Upgrade. If your 8180 has access to the internet, it will complete step 2 automatically.
After the blue light turns off (may take a couple minutes) check the FW version using the web interface. If it shows version 2.2 then steps 1 and 2 are complete. Otherwise continue to step 2.
- Kernel Upgrade: Open the 8180 web interface, go to System > Maintenance. Upload the two Kernel R5 files, and click Upgrade.
- Firmware Upgrade: Open the 8180 web interface, go to the firmware upgrade section. Upload the two Firmware Version 2.7.4 files and click Upgrade.
Once complete, the web interface will display the firmware version number in the top right corner, verify that the device was upgraded successfully to the current version.
Firmware Version 1.8.3
Firmware Version 2.7.4
PAST FIRMWARE RELEASE NOTES
Past Release Notes
What’s new in Firmware Version 2.7.4:
- Increase the number of Page Zones to 50 in Multicast Slave mode, allowing full compatibility with new Algo 8186, 8188, 8189 and 8301 products
What’s new in Firmware Version 2.6.4:
- Allow configurable STUN server port
- DTMF improvements
- Upgrade procedure improvements
What’s new in Firmware Version 2.6:
- Add Metaswitch Provisioning support
- Add Syn-Apps “SA-Announce” paging support
Firmware Update Notifications
If you wish to receive an email for future firmware updates, please complete the form to be added to our list.
FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD LINKS
Need firmware for another device?
Obtain additional product firmware downloads.