Firmware Download For 8028 sIP Doorphone (G1)
This page provides the files necessary to upgrade your 8028 SIP Doorphone (G1) to Firmware Version 2.7.7
WHAT’S NEW IN FIRMWARE VERSION 2.7.7:
- Add support for HTTPS provisioning
FIRMWARE UPGRADE PROCEDURE
- Download the files listed below to your PC. Note: file names must remain unchanged.
- Open the 8028 web interface and go to the firmware upgrade section. Upload the two Firmware Version 2.7.7 files and click Upgrade.
Note: This firmware is NOT supported on 8028 (G2) hardware. For 8028 (G2) devices firmware updates please check the 8028 (G2) firmware page.
– Please do not use the download links below on G2 hardware.
– Please do not use Internet Explorer 9 for the upgrade.
Firmware Version 2.7.7
For version 1.8 or older
If running version 1.8 or older, please see below for additional instructions.
** Please Note: Do NOT downgrade your firmware to this version, if you are already running a newer version **
Follow steps 1 to 3. (Version 1.8.2 firmware will first need to be installed to allocate additional memory for a successful upgrade).
Use the 8028 Web Interface Control Panel to reboot your device, go to System > Maintenance and select Reboot. Wait 30 to 60 seconds for the interface to reload. Download the files listed below to your PC, making sure to observe which ones are for the Kernel, and which ones are for the Firmware. Note: file names must remain unchanged.
- Firmware Upgrade (devices running version 1.8 or older): Open the 8028 web interface, go to Services > Upgrade. Upload the two Firmware Version 1.8.2 files and click Upgrade. If your 8028 has access to the internet, it will complete step 2 automatically.
After the upgrade completes check the FW version using the web interface. If it shows version 2.2 then steps 1 and 2 are complete. Otherwise continue to step 2.
- Kernel Upgrade: Open the 8028 web interface, go to System > Maintenance. Upload the two Kernel R5 files, and click Upgrade.
- Firmware Upgrade: Open the 8028 web interface, go to the firmware upgrade section. Upload the two Firmware Version 2.7.4 files and click Upgrade.
Once complete, the web interface will display the firmware version number in the top right corner, verify that the device was upgraded successfully to the current version.
Firmware Version 1.8.2
Firmware Version 2.7.4
PAST FIRMWARE RELEASE NOTES
Past Release Notes
What’s new in Firmware Version 2.7.4:
- Improve DTMF detection and alaw CODEC support
What’s new in Firmware Version 2.6.4:
- Allow configurable STUN server port
- DTMF improvements
- Upgrade procedure improvements
What’s new in Firmware Version 2.6:
- Add Metaswitch Provisioning support
Firmware Update Notifications
If you wish to receive an email for future firmware updates, please complete the form to be added to our list.
FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD LINKS
Need firmware for another device?
Obtain additional product firmware downloads.