Algo CallBox for Nortel's APP Pack
One-Touch Customer Assistance
Algo’s 1201 CallBox provides a highly visible and easily activated interface compatible with Nortel’s Advanced Paging Productivity Pack (APP Pack) Solution Suite for BCM. For improved customer service or emergency and non-emergency alerting, CallBox offers a reliable and integrated solution for applications requiring one-touch programmable page announcement and response.
Designed specifically for use with the Customer Assistance Paging feature of Nortel’s APP Pack Solution Suite for BCM, the 1201 CallBox offers a unique and simple to use customer interface with high visibility, illuminated call button, and reset button for response acknowledgement. Together, CallBox and APP Pack provide a seamless solution for any business with a requirement for employee or customer activated announcements.
The large call button and visible nature of the 1201 CallBox make it an ideal solution for retail customer assistance applications in retail outlets using Nortel’s BCM.
To request service, a customer simply presses the large illuminated call button on the CallBox. Upon activation, the flashing call button assures the customer that the service request has been recognized, and retail staff are notified through a unique, programmable, page announcement, such as “Customer Requires Assistance in Sporting Goods”. The page announcement can be programmed to be repeated at regular intervals until deactivated by a staff member pressing the reset button on the CallBox.
CallBox activity and page response times can be monitored by location using the APP Pack Solution Suite reporting feature, thus enabling service benchmarking and improvements to customer service and satisfaction.
Ideal for Emergency Alerting and Productivity Improvement
The high visibility and simple, one touch activation characteristics of the CallBox also make it well suited for use in assisted living, healthcare, and child education facilities; particularly when the ability to use a telephone to call for assistance may be limited, or where the provision of telephones in a common area is not feasible. In these scenarios, an appropriate page announcement, such as “Assistance is Required in the South Hallway”, can be programmed for broadcast when the call button is pressed.
In businesses and facilities using BCM, the CallBox can also serve as an efficient means of emergency and non emergency staff alerting.
The ability to quickly and easily initiate a page announcement which repeats until deactivated is particularly valuable in emergency situations. Through the use of a preprogrammed page announcement, such as “First Aid Required in Machine Shop”, the CallBox can expedite effective communication and ensure immediate response.
Productivity improvements can also be realized through the use of the CallBox. Staff can be notified of frequently required actions through the use of a predefined page announcement, such as “Forklift Operator Required at Receiving”.
CallBox installation is simple, using a multi-purpose mounting bracket which enables secure mounting to a wall, post, or electrical box serviced with conduit. Power is supplied by a digital station port from the BCM connected using a standard modular telephone jack. The number of CallBoxes that can be installed and supported by a single BCM is limited only by the number of available digital station ports.
Seamless integration with the BCM APP Pack Solution Suite capabilities, including the ability to monitor and report on CallBox activation events and response times, and centralized administration through the Business Element Manager combine to make the CallBox an effective and easily implemented enhancement to BCM’s capabilities. Programmable CallBox options include page zone, time-out period, page message repeat interval, and specific announcement to play when activated.
- High visibility with large illuminated blue call button
- Rugged, durable plastics
- Call button flashes while in activated state
- Reset button for page acknowledgement
- Tight integration with BCM ensuring reliable performance
- Centralized configuration of page message, paging zone, time-out, and repeat interval for each CallBox using BCM’s Element Manager
- Monitoring of CallBox activity and response times by location, using APP Pack Solution Suite reporting
- Powered by BCM digital station port
- Includes bracket for wall, post, or surface electrical box mounting
- Customizable call button label
- Easily activated paging notification
- Improved customer service and satisfaction
- Improve response times for emergency and non emergency alerting
- Improved productivity
- Customer assistance in retail and service oriented businesses
- Education, assisted living, and healthcare facilities
- Emergency and non-emergency staff alerts
- Any business with a requirement for internal or customer activating paging announcements
Compatibility & Requirements
- BCM 50 Release 2.0 or higher, BCM 200/400 Release 4.0 or higher, BCM450 Release 1.0
- Nortel APP Pack Solution Suite, activated by a BCM APP Pack keycode
- One available TDM digital station port per CallBox
|1201 CallBox (includes CallBox, mounting bracket, button label sheet, and user guide)||1201|