Wideband IP Voice Paging, Loud Ringing & Notification Alerting PoE Wall Speaker
The 8180 is a SIP compliant wall mount speaker designed for voice paging, loud ringing, and emergency/safety/security notification and alerting. The speaker is PoE and does not require an additional amplifier. Common application environments include: classroom, factory (e.g., OSHA), warehouse, utility plant, machine shop, garage, lunch room, kitchen, etc.
Wideband G.722 codec (HD voice) support in the speaker provides optimum speech clarity and intelligibility. Voice paging and emergency announcements can be easier to understand with wideband, particularly in a noisy environment. The wideband capability of the speaker improves STI-PA intelligibility scores, which is important in meeting NFPA 72 requirements and the NEMA SB-40 2010 standard for emergency communication in education.
The 8180 speaker registers as a third party SIP endpoint with all leading premise or hosted UC providers. For multiple speaker deployments, additional devices do not require a SIP license. A single registered speaker can be configured to multicast to any number and mix of additional Algo speakers, strobes and/or paging adapters as required, providing cost effective scalability using a minimum of network traffic. For multicast page applications, zoned paging is supported via keypress selection.
In a Polycom VVX environment the 8180 speaker may be configured to join a Polycom Group Page for coverage in common areas or for sound reinforcement. No SIP registration is necessary.
An integrated microphone in the speaker enables talkback. The microphone also has the capability to listen for ambient noise and automatically increase page volume when necessary. This feature enables a consistent ratio of page to ambient noise level without being unnecessarily loud.
Several audio files are pre-loaded into the 8180 internal memory for ring sounds, but users may also record or upload custom audio files, music, sound effects, or voice announcements. For loud ringing, the 8180 is typically eight times louder than a telephone speaker. If the optional 1186 Horn Speaker is used then the volume is twenty times louder. Available outputs on the 8180 include: external speaker (8 ohm), audio output for a slave amplifier, and relay output (e.g. Algo strobes or visual alerter).
For ease and simplicity, the 8180 can announce its static or DHCP IP address so access to an intuitive web interface makes configuring the device straight forward. Additionally, the speaker supports auto-provisioning for minimal touch configuration.
Emergency Notification Alerting
For notification alerting, a WAV file is played by dialing the speaker's Ring extension when configured for ring/announcement activation only. Up to 5 Ring extensions are available to register on a single speaker for applications requiring different types of emergency notification alerting (e.g., lockdown, evacuation, etc.). A Call To Cancel feature can be configured in the 8180 to allow emergency alerting to play continuously for the duration of the event, until a designated extension registered to the speaker is called to stop the alert. Any combination and number of Algo IP endpoints can receive a multicast for such emergency alerting.
Please contact Algo for assistance with unique applications.
- Superb audio clarity and intelligibility
- Network managed and supervised SIP and multicast endpoint
- PoE (802.3af) for plug and play network connectivity - no additional amplifier needed
- Eliminates narrowband FXS port or ATA
- Multicast to scale from one to many speakers
- Multifunctional speaker for voice paging, loud ringing, emergency notification alerting and bell scheduling applications
- Compatible with all varieties of Algo speakers, paging adapters and strobes for more comprehensive alerting solution requirements
- Wideband G.722 codec support for HD Voice
- Multicast receive or broadcast capability
- Mix with any number and model of Algo speakers, strobes and/or paging adapters using multicast (e.g. 8128, 8180, 8186, 8188, 8301, 8373) for a complete voice paging system
- Polycom Group Page
- Syn-Apps SA-Announce
- SIP compatibility with all leading UC vendors including: Avaya, Broadsoft, Cisco, Digium/Asterisk, Mitel, Metaswitch, NEC, and Polycom to name a few
- Configurable through web interface
- Auto-provisioning (i.e., TFTP, FTP, HTTP)
- SNMP supervision
- Internal memory of 3MB for uploaded WAV files or recorded messages
- Multiple SIP registrations for Ring (5) and Page (1) extensions
- Outputs for external speaker, slave amplifier, or strobe/visual alerter
- Pre-loaded with several ring tones including bell, chime, gong, buzzer, warble, and dogs (Note: custom WAV files can be uploaded to the device)
- UL/CSA, FCC, CE
- IP loud ringer for high noise environments or where employees are wearing hearing protection (e.g., machine shop, garage, manufacturing plant, utility, farm, etc.)
- IP voice paging in a classroom, office, retail store, etc.
- Multicast wide area emergency, safety and security notification alerts (e.g., lockdown, evacuation, reverse evacuation, medical emergency, safety alert, etc.)
- OSHA compliance
- Scheduled or automated announcements. Using the Algo 8301 to multicast, announcements/tones can be played over any model of Algo IP speaker. For example, school (i.e., class changes, recess, playing an anthem, etc.), retail and healthcare announcements (i.e., store closing, visiting hours, etc.), and workplace shift changes, breaks, etc.
- Combine with all variety of Algo visual and audible IP endpoints to create more comprehensive notification alerting solutions (e.g. 8128, 8180, 8186, 8188, 8301, 8373)
|8180 SIP Audio Alerter||8180|
|Horn Speaker (weatherproof)||1186|