Event Monitoring Module for Nortel TDM Digital Telephones
The Algo 4100 AuxBox monitors activity of a Nortel TDM digital telephone for the purpose of event notification. Relay outputs compatible with Algo visual or audible alerters can be used to indicate telephone in-use, message waiting, ring, and page audio (see example application diagrams). In addition, relays can be customized for ACD queue status, icon display, key press, or almost any other event on the telephone.
An analog audio output from the 4100 AuxBox can be used to connect to a recording system or amplifier, and is configurable for one-way receive-only or two-way audio channel requirements. Speech encoding can also be configured for aLAW (i.e. Europe, Australia) and uLAW (i.e. US, Canada, Japan) applications.
The 4100 AuxBox includes a USB port to allow field upgrade of firmware for custom applications.
- Headset in-use indication for call centers
- Voicemail notification for important messages
- Night club, factory, or other noisy locations requiring visual and loud ringing indication
- 911 or emergency dispatchers requiring automatic headset switching based on in-use state of telephone
- Visual ring indication in quiet areas such as studio or hospital
- Threshold monitoring of a number of callers in an ACD queue
- Radio stations requiring mixing of telephone and microphone audio
- Amplified internal paging
- Plug-and-play with any Norstar, BCM, Meridian 1, or Communication Server 1000 (CS 1000) digital telephone
- Connects to digital wire pair at the telephone location or in equipment room
- Cannot affect the telephone operation – completely passive
- Provides two relay outputs
- Provides analog audio output
- USB port for custom programmability
|*||AuxBox Customization Services:||Contact Algo to discuss application & firmware requirements.|
|AuxBox desktop (North America) 117V 60Hz)||4100|
|AuxBox desktop (UK) 240V 50Hz)||4100UK|
|AuxBox desktop (EU) 230V 50Hz)||4100EU|
|AuxBox desktop (90-264V, 47-63Hz)||4100U|